Due to the HIGH interest and number of signups we’ve had in the last few weeks, we’ve decided in the best interest of the player (you) and the college coach it would be best to have 2 sessions on January 9th. This will allow for the groups sizes to shrink significantly which will allow you, the player, to receive more reps and more time in front of our 33 college coaches. This also helps the college coaches evaluate you better by bringing the size of the group down.
The two groups will be separated according to position. ALL position players will be in Session 1 (MI,OF,Corners) and Pitchers/Catchers in Session 2. No matter the session you are in, you WILL be getting the same amount of time on offense and defense as everyone else. Below you will find all the information you need to have the best experience possible on January 9th.
- Check in will begin at 1:30pm for Position Players and 4:00pm for Pitchers and Catchers. To check in you will need to enter the facility and check in at the registration table.
- All players need to be checked in by a parent unless your car pooling.
- After you check in, all players will go into the indoor facility and prepare for a start time of 2:00pm or a start time of 4:30pm.
Event Start/End Time:
- Session 1: Middle-Infield, Corners, Outfield
Registration will be 1:30. Combine time will be 2-4:30pm
- Session 2: Pitchers and Catchers
Registration will be 4:00pm. Combine time will be 4:45-7:15pm
- 88 Shirkin Road. Epping, NH
What to wear:
- We will supply all players with a Navy Select Softball t-shirt at check in.
- All players should wear softball pants (color does not matter), turf shoes or sneakers.
What to bring:
- Bat, glove, helmet and catchers gear if you are a catcher.
- We recommend that each player brings some water or Gatorade to stay hydrated. We will supply each player with a Gatorade at check in and have extra Gatorade on hand.
- Masks (see mask rules below).
Select Apparel (12:30-3:30pm):
- Parents can purchase Select T-Shirts, sweatshirts & hats inside the building.
Structure of the Select Softball Event:
- Each player will participate in a 2 1/2 hour workout.
- During this workout we will be testing showcasing players on various hitting & fielding drills.
- Pitchers will throw showcase all of their pitches to a catcher & catchers will do a series of workouts.
What does each player receive:
- Each player will receive their own draw string bag with t shirt and player bib number to be pinned on the back.
- Blast Motion will be part of this event. Blast Motion is a device that connects to the bottom of your bat and collects swing data (we supply the devices). We will have one station set up with Blast Motion at this event and this will allow us to collect some extra data that only this device can provide. Blast Motion will send all families an email before the event starts.
- HitTrax: HitTrax
- Data from: Overhand Velocity, Swing Velocity, Pop-times, H-1st, 5-10-5 running, Pitching Speeds.
- Due to Seacoast Indoor Policy a mask is not required BUT if you’d like to wear one for your own comfort than you are more than welcome to.
- Unfortunately, parents will not be allowed in the building after you check your daughter in. The waiting area is surrounded by nets and we use the nets to hit and throw balls into so we do not want parents getting hit by a ball. There will also be 28+ college coaches there and we need for them to travel around as much as possible. It’s a very big space that we maximize to the fullest. We WILL be streaming this on Facebook Live so please follow us on Facebook to get all the updates.